Sunday, July 6, 2008

Right here,right now...

"Here's to me and here's to you,
And here's to love and laughter,
I'll be true as long as you,
Not a moment after"
-Linda Goodman

I guess that while penning these 4 lines Linda Goodman didn't realize she was infact penning the modern day mantra...Each person to himself/herself(Get used to it..I am a self-declared feminist!)..Trust remains only so long as it has not been broken...And once it has ben broken..there is no looking back...We all live for ourselves..and have no qualms with the 'Live and let live' principle...But "tread on my toes and I'll squash you!!" it is a silent but implicit message..

I'm a huge fan of hers..Linda Goodman tat is...Have read Sunsigns,Lovesigns and star signs...all being her compositions...I won't call myself the superstitious kind...but I'm drawn to her compositions..She makes more sense than most other astrologers..I like her becoz she draws on the behavioral characteristics of people.I think I'm someone like her on occasions...I like to observe people,their behavioral traits,their characteristics,...just for academic purposes..

Y? Coz no soap opera,movie or reality show matches what you can see right in front of you!!I try not to judge anyone(I'm still trying!)I wouldn't call myself a great judge of character(I mean for all my surface nonchalance..I do end up making the dumbest of acquaintances!!)My first instinct about most people are pretty good...And when i think that someone is a shady character..(translated here..it means this person could cause me personal damage!)..I think i should simply go with my gut instinct..

Instead,however,I just convince myself that I'm judging too harshly and perhaps that person deserves a chance,...another chance,..this last chance....And thus continue my string of bad judgements..Inevitably,my gut instinct wins..and laughs at me,pointing a finger in my direction!

"Shame on u if u fool me once'
Shame on me if u fool me twice"
-Shania Twain
I should probably wear the crown of being in a fool's paradise...But all is not lost..Just that I wish I could be as straightforward as the 4 lines of Linda Goodman...And you know what..Maybe I will..

No comments: