Thursday, July 24, 2008

Passport Ordeal...

Whoever said "honesty is the best policy" should be hanged!Of course clearly that person was in a delirium or someone had him/her at gunpoint.I didn;t have to face either..but a lot worse.You know..I think I'd have preferred gunpoint to running around for my passport...

Oh..so u think obtaining a passport is no big deal?I applied for my passport on 13th May 2008,from my permanent residence which I had shifted to in march 2008.
I guess I should have asked my inner voice to shut up and listened to my dad who asked me to simply apply from the old address to avoid complications..But no!A certain Gandhi would've been proud of me!Ha!
Since I had not finished 1 yr here,I had to undergo 2 police verifications at 2 separate police stations...both of who never bothered to call me unless I went and enquired about my pending verification..my passport office summons(dated 4th july) reached some random neighbour who doesn't even know my name on 22nd july(Our effective postal sysytem..kudos!)...I had to visit the passport head office twice(wait in thequeue in hot sun for nearly 3 hours on each visit)..reverify and resubmit my address proof on every occasion and I still haven't obtained it,my passport i.e

Normally, one is supposed to obtain his/her passport within a period of 45 days...as for me..73 days and still counting....

No comments: