Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Nothing Fancy about this

My last post was essentially garbage. And I am aware that I have lost my earlier skills with the written word.I was discussing this development with my cousin among a barrage of other complaints. And he made a profound statement- "Writing is not about using fancy words ".

Agreed. Hence the title of the current post.So here I am, trying to introspect what my writing is all about. Am I narrating a story? Making a social commentary? Talking about the current affairs? Taking a stab at Fantasy/ Fiction?

No. I am trying to find my voice. And in my voice I am searching for my authentic self. That person who vanished long back having dealt with enough discouragement to last a lifetime. I need to find her.That confident half of me. I miss her. I am so lost without her.

No comments: