Wednesday, July 25, 2012

From Atheism to Prayer..

Radical changes, I suppose :) For someone who has sworn by atheism all her life(ironic usage- to swear!!),I am beginning to see light in the concept of prayer.No,it does not account for the ugliness of religion,but yes,it mostly involves introspection,assertion and meditation.This is spirituality - my way!

It doesn't say I am a sinner and I need to be punished for all the wrongs and glorified for my rights.Niether do I wanna propogate the fantastic notion that I am God.It is more of the notion that - God resides within me,as me.Just need to listen to that presence.And that listening requires me to quieten all the noise constantly buzzing around me,making things hazy.

Hence the prayer - To admit something is not as desired and to state the conflict in clear terms.To assert what is desired and why.To be clear about one's objectives,without any doubt about the reason for that desire.

The meditation - To quieten the anxiety associated with the desire and to listen to your inner voice for guidance.

There is no need for an idol of any sort,just the faith that if there exists a problem,there also exists a solution.
It's that simple,really.

No comments: